This year, Thanksgiving falls on the 25th of November. The Thanksgiving celebrations last for four days.
If you find these exercises too easy, click on the link below to try some other Thanksgiving activities on our website:
Thanksgiving - ESL Quizzes and Activities >>
Look at the word search puzzle below.
How many Thanksgiving words can you find?
Click on the words as you find them.
Read about using capital letters and full stops.
Language Point - Using capital letters and full stops
We use capital letters:
- At the start of every sentence - example:
- for the personal pronoun "I" - example: I had soup for lunch.
- for people's names - examples: John and Edward, Michelle Obama, Donny Osmond
- for companies and organisations - examples: Walmart, Staples, Sears
- for titles of books and films - example: The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- for TV programmes - examples: X-Factor, Dancing With The Stars
- for days of the week and months - examples: January, Monday, etc
- for places, countries, nationalities and languages - examples: *Turkey, America, English
(*the country Turkey begins with a capital letter; the bird turkey begins with a small 't')
- For names of religions, special days and holidays - examples: Eid, Mother's Day
Write these sentences out again, using the correct punctuation.
Put in the missing full stops and capital letters.
thanksgiving is a harvest festival and family holiday
people in the usa celebrate thanksgiving every year
thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth thursday of november in the usa
this year thanksgiving is on november 25th
thanksgiving is a big family celebration
people travel from all over the usa to be with their family for the holiday
roads and airports get very busy over thanksgiving weekend
many big cities hold parades and other special events
thanksgiving was originally a christian religious festival
Many non-christians also enjoy celebrating thanksgiving
traditional thanksgiving foods include turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce, sweetcorn and sweet potatoes
A sweet dessert called pumpkin pie is also eaten
Click here to check your answers >>
Thanksgiving - Quizzes and Games for ESL Students & Kids >>
Easy Quizzes and Games for English Beginners and Kids >>
Quizzes and Activities for Elementary English Students >>
Quizzes and Activities for Pre-Intermediate English Learners >>
Word Search Puzzles for Elementary ESL Students & Kids >>