Here are some English words for prepositions of place. Look up any words that you don't know in the dictionary, and make a note of what they mean.
- near (or by)
- next to
- below (under, underneath, beneath)
How many English words for prepositions of place can you find in this easy word search puzzle?
Click on the words as you find them.
English Words for Prepositions of Place
Choose the correct preposition of place to complete these sentences:
1) The cat is ________ (in/on/inside) the wall.
2) The boy is ________ (at/in/on) the bike.
3) The cars are ________ (in/on/beneath) the car park.
4) The bus is ________ (between/at/on) the bus stop.
5) The birds are ________ (between/inside/near to) each other.
6) The dog is ______ (in/behind/next to) the postbox.
Click on the link below to do an online quiz and check your answers:
Prepositions of Place - Elementary Level English Quiz >>
English Words for Places and Things - Beginner Level Lesson >>
English Words for City Places - Elementary Quizzes and Activities >>
Prepositions of Place - Picture Matching Quiz >>