This week's lesson for Intermediate English learners is about the UK city of Newcastle.
Watch this short video clip about tourist attractions and other interesting places to visit in Newcastle, and then scroll down the page to see the questions.
1) What is Newcastle's most famous landmark, according to the video?
2) True or false? The famous statue just outside the city is called the angel of the East.
3) True or false? Some of Newcastle's beaches have been turned into tourist attractions.
4) True or false? Newcastle is England's most densely populated city.
5) What is unusual about the Gateshead Millenium bridge?
6) What is the name of Newcastle's football stadium?
Click on the link below to do a quiz and check your answers:
Newcastle - Intermediate ESL Video Listening Exercise >>
Life in The UK - Reading & Listening Activities for English Language Learners >>