For a limited time, a restaurant in Arizona is serving lion burgers in celebration of the The World Cup.
What do you think of this idea?
Watch this video to listen to the story, and then scroll down the page to answer some questions.
Read the questions below and write down your answers.
1) How much do the lion burgers cost?
2) True or false? The lion burgers are popular with customers.
3) Why are some activists unhappy with the idea of eating lion burger?
4) What did the first person to try the lion burgers say think of them?
5) What did the writer for "This Dish is Vegetarian" have to say about the idea?
6) True or false? The lion meat that the restaurant is serving is imported from Africa.
Click here to check your answers >>
What do you think of this story? Read the questions below and make some notes.
Do you think putting lion burgers on the menu is a good idea? Why/Why not?
8) Would you be prepared to eat lion burgers yourself? Why/Why not?
Work with another student or friend.
Ask your partner the questions for Tasks 1 & 2, and compare your answers.
Do you agree with your partner, or not?
Discuss any questions that you have both answered differently.
World Cup 2010 - English Vocabulary Games & Quizzes >>
World Cup 2010 - Quizzes on Teams, Countries & Nationalities >>
World Cup 2010 - English and Maths Games and Activities >>
Free Online Vocabulary Activities for English Students >>
Interactive Listening Quizzes for English Language Learners >>